The Canada Ontario Job Grant
Advancing the skills of Ontario's workforce!
Invest in your employees
Invest in your employees and watch your business succeed in times of rapid change in technologies, globalization, and shifting demographics.
| THE CANADA-ONTARIO JOB GRANT
The Canada-Ontario Job Grant (COJG) provides an opportunity for employers to advance the skills of their new employees or current workforce.
- Employers can get up to $10,000 in government support per person for training costs.
- Employers can set up training for individual employees or employee groups.
- The training has to be delivered by an eligible, third-party trainer.
- Employers with 100 or more employees need to contribute 1/2 of the training costs. Small employers with less than 100 employees need to contribute 1/6 of training costs.
- For employer groups who want to apply for training supports the government offers a COJG Consortium Stream. The Consortium Stream allows a group of employers (two or more employers) to pool their resources to support common training objectives and goals. To apply as a consortium, the intermediary organization needs to ensure all the participating employers and trainees meet COJG requirements, and are able to make their required contribution towards the training cost.
- Most organizations acting as an intermediary are eligible for administrative funding equal to 15% of the government contribution.
If you’re an employer with a particular skills demand, the Canada-Ontario Job Grant might be right for you. Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis.
| ROLE OF THE EMPLOYER
Employers are responsible for identifying the particular skills gaps they wish to address, the types of training that would address those gaps, and the specific individuals they would like to see trained.
Employers must provide a cash contribution towards the cost of training. Some additional flexibility is available for small employers.
Employers are solely responsible to cover the cost of training that falls under the employer financial contribution. Employers are not to recover these costs at the expense of their employees/training participants, at any given time.
Employers must also commit to having a job for the individual upon training completion. For exceptional circumstances, this may involve entering into a job placement agreement with an unemployed individual that would commence during or after training.
| CONSIDER FLEMING COLLEGE AS YOUR THIRD-PARTY TRAINER
Fleming College has been providing high quality, career-focused educational programming for more than 50 years. Our certificates, diplomas and graduate certificates are widely recognized and valued by employers, and we constantly deliver new programs that reflect demands of the regional and provincial job market.
Contract Training Programs to Consider
Ask us about Fleming College education and training for new employees, current workforce, team leaders, and managers. We will help you find the right training for your organization. Consider
| APPLY FOR COJG FUNDING
Work with your local Employment Service Provider to apply for Better Jobs. Service Provider staff will answer your questions, determine your eligibility, guide you through the application process, and help you choose a career that’s right for you! Find an Employment Service Provider in Ontario here or view a list of Muskoka-Kawarthas service providers below:
Haliburton | Kawartha Lakes | Muskoka | Northumberland | Peterborough
To access the Canada-Ontario Job Grant, contact your nearest Employment Service Provider
Find an Employment Service Provider in Ontario here or view a list of Muskoka-Kawarthas service providers below:
Our employee Jackie was funded to take a Quickbooks course. She is now more competent with Quickbooks and is able to do tasks, for which we previously had to pay an accountant.
As a not-for-profit, our workplace has limited funds for training, but with the assistance of Fleming Crew staff, we were able to secure two COJG grants that meant all six of our direct supervisors are able to benefit from Fleming’s PEAK Leadership training. The training has equipped us with essential skills and knowledge to excel as a leader in any work environment.
This Employment Ontario program is funded in part by the Government of Canada and the Government of Ontario.